23.1.12

disney on dreaming big


When I went away to college for the first time, my Dad encouraged me to take the Myers-Briggs test. He gave me the little blue Please Understand Me book and away I went on my journey. Taking the test, and studying its meaning, was one of the most important things that I did for myself as I navigated a very open-ended time in my life. I learned the implications of what it meant to be creative, both positive (intensely curious, generating excitement) and negative (being too abstract, having a hard time finishing what you start).

As an ENTP (extrovert intuitive thinker perceiver), I am defined as an Inventor and have the same preferences and personality as people like Walt Disney and Julia Child. Today, as I briefed my experiential agency on our events campaign for the year, I was reminded of how much this Walt Disney quote connected with me as a young girl, and continues to do so as a brand manager today. In marketing, if you can dream it, you can do it. The difficult part is aligning your cross functional partners to make the momentum of the dream a reality.

No comments: